OST TIP #7- WEEK ENDING FEBRUARY 17, 2017
Check out three great resources to support your scholars, families, & staff!
Tip 1-Tutorial video on how to create a Practice session on Chromebooks for the Ohio State tests in the AIR portal. Review video for teachers to create opportunities based on Mission Possible Curriculum
- CLICK HERE
- to check out this OST technology skills and readiness portal. You're going to want to spend time on this site. Great one-stop shop for OST preparation.
Tip 3-CLICK HERE
-This collections is a list of assignments that use Ohio's AIR Assignment Viewer for all content areas Gr3 through high school
OST TIP #6- week ending February 10, 2017 NEW OST PRACTICE SITE
Free site with Ohio State Tests (OST) practice tests and sample questions for Math and Language Arts. Lumos Ohio State Tests (OST) Assessment Practice resources were developed by expert teachers for students in Grades 3 to 8. Hundreds of grade specific questions in both Math and English language arts literacy are designed to familiarize
students with the Ohio’s Learning Standards and new item types included in the OST assessments of 2016-17.
Students will get instant feedback along with diagnostic reports. The resources included here are a part of the Lumos SkillBuilder and OST Practice Program. It is ideal for diagnosing student learning difficulties, intervention, remedial programs and standardized test preparation.
CLICK HERE to access! ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
OST TIP OF THE WEEK #5: week ending January 20, 2017
This week's tip models utilization of math data (NWEA winter), alignment of an instructional tutorial resource (Khan Academy-math ) to create individualized, small group or whole group student tutorial sessions on identified areas of weakness. The tutorial topics selected below are based on District "gaps" by grade level after reviewing NWEA winter benchmark data.
*Remember teachers and/or teacher based teams should review their school/classroom level data to determine what would be the high need areas for extra reinforcement of their student population.
OST TIP #4- FIVE NEW Test Type Question TUTORIAL TOOLS week of 12/19-23, 2016
Click on the link below for each type of question tutorial. Each tutorial is between 2-3 minutes and a great activity for students to complete prior to taking an on-line practice test.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no audio for the tutorials listed below. Spanish tutorials are also included.
OST TIP #3- FOUR Test Type Question TUTORIAL TOOLS week of 12/12-16, 2017
Click on the link below for each type of question tutorial. PLEASE NOTE: There is no audio for the tutorials listed below. Spanish tutorials are also included.
- Math Extended Response Editor tutorial highlights responses that may require student to enter text, tables, special characters or math objects. Click on Links: Math Extended Response Math Extended Response Spanish
- Constructed Response tutorial demonstrates how to respond to questions that require the student to enter text. Click on Link: Constructed Response Constructed Response Spanish
- Writing Extended Response tutorial demonstrates how to respond to questions that require the student to enter text. c. Click on Link: Writing Extended Response Writing Extended Response Spanish
- Matching Item tutorial demonstrates how to respond to questions that require the student to match items in a table. Click on the Link: Matching Item Matching Item Spanish
OST TIP #2 -TRY OUT THE EQUATION RESPONSE TOOL week of 12/5-9, 2016
Click on the link below to utilize the Equation Response Editor tool tutorial. Why? Because students will be using this tool to enter answers that are numbers, expressions, or equations. Important things to remember:
- The tool is not a calculator—it will not perform calculations for you. The tool is designed to allow you to enter your answer to a question.
- Remember students can enter answers using the keyboard, the on-screen keypad, or a combination of both. As you practice, and your students practice, you may want to decide which method is most comfortable for your students, and focus on creating answers that way.
Ready to start? CLICK HERE and Let’s go!
OST TIP #1- SIGN IN AND NAVIGATION TOOLS week of 11/28-12/2/2016
For the next 18 weeks we will feature a tip or strategy as SLT/TBTs prepare students for end of year OSTs.
- This week (11/21) is a great time for students and teachers to complete 2 on-line tutorials.
- Each tutorial is about 7 minutes in length and will ensure teachers, testing administrators and students are comfortable with navigating the on-line system.
- It is critical that students have multiple opportunities to practice OST like questions.
- The first tutorial is designed to give an overview for signing on and navigating the tool site
- The second video is important for students to review prior to going on the Student Practice Site- students and teachers will become familiar with the Toolbar, Writing Tools and Toolbar Buttons
Click on Tutorial #1 Sign In & Navigation
Click on Tutorial #2 Navigating the tools