WEEKLY CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION UPDATES & TIPS FOR EDUCATORS!
NEW CAO Round Table
Principals and school teams check out the new CAO round table training docs. Click LEFT to access
OST TIP #2 -TRY OUT THE EQUATION RESPONSE TOOL
Click on the link below to utilize the Equation Response Editor tool tutorial. Why? Because students will be using this tool to enter answers that are numbers, expressions, or equations. Important things to remember:
- The tool is not a calculator—it will not perform calculations for you. The tool is designed to allow you to enter your answer to a question.
- Remember students can enter answers using the keyboard, the on-screen keypad, or a combination of both. As you practice, and your students practice, you may want to decide which method is most comfortable for your students, and focus on creating answers that way.
Ready to start? CLICK HERE and Let’s go!
OST TIP #1- SIGN IN AND NAVIGATION TOOLS
For the next 18 weeks we will feature a tip or strategy as SLT/TBTs prepare students for end of year OSTs.
- This week (11/21) is a great time for students and teachers to complete 2 on-line tutorials.
- Each tutorial is about 7 minutes in length and will ensure teachers, testing administrators and students are comfortable with navigating the on-line system.
- It is critical that students have multiple opportunities to practice OST like questions.
- The first tutorial is designed to give an overview for signing on and navigating the tool site
- The second video is important for students to review prior to going on the Student Practice Site- students and teachers will become familiar with the Toolbar, Writing Tools and Toolbar Buttons
Click on Tutorial #1 Sign In & Navigation
Click on Tutorial #2 Navigating the tools